Thursday 16 October 2014

5 MINUTE DRUGSTORE MAKE-UP





My mornings are a constant battle between wanting to stay in bed and attempting to get up earlier so I look half decent for the uni day ahead. Unfortunately, usually the former wins, however I’m beginning to compromise between the two and get that five minute effortless routine perfected. I still miss out a few steps that some would consider vital, and by 5 o’clock I’m still groaning that I look a mess, but we’re definitely getting there slowly.

I keep my base really simple with my Bourjois CC Cream, this is a bit of a staple when it comes to make-up posts on my blog but I genuinely don’t think I could live without it. It provides enough coverage that I don’t need to spend a good ten minutes blending and concealing, so the Lasting Perfection is kept in the drawer in the morning. I finish off with a light swish of Sleek Blush in ‘Rose Gold’ which adds a nice rosy glow.

Next up are brows, my constant battle in life (thanks Dad for their sparseness) I usually can’t be bothered pencilling them in the mornings so I just brush them through with my Rimmel ‘Brow this Way’ in Light Blonde. I hated this when I first bought it as the brush is waaay too big for my little brows, but now I’ve learnt just to wipe off excess it’s a real saviour in the morning. For eyes is another Rimmel product, this time it’s a shadow in the shade ‘Smokey Quartz.’ It’s not the most pigmented eye shadow in the world, which would usually get a thumbs down in my books, but for everyday wear a subtle bit of colour is just what you want. For mascara it’s obviously going to be my holy grail Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof ; one coat usually suffices for everyday, natural looking lashes.

Finally is my current favourite lip colour Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream in ‘Birthday Suit’ it’s the ultimate Kylie Jenner/90’s brown which is really at the moment. I’m still not entirely sure it suits me but who cares? I’m too in love with the shade. If you would like a more in depth review on these lip creams, click here.





26 comments:

  1. Sleek Rose Gold is one of my all time favourite blushes! It looks so beautiful on. I definitely think the lip cream suits you!
    Alice xo
    www.shesthunderstorms.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning. It's a simple, fresh look. The lip color gives it an autumn feel. Definitely 90s/Kylie vibe going on there. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sleek lip cream definitely suits you! I really love it, as well as the blush. Might have to pick them up when I'm next on a makeup spree!

    laurensibs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the lip color! I haven't seen these lip creams from Sleek yet, I'll have to check the range out now :)

    http://lizzyxfresh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look - lovin' the lip color, so nice and fresh!

    And thanks for recommending that CC cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Sleek Me lip colours :) I think it looks fab on you! xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous look! I'm currently trying to get my morning makeup routine down to a fine art - currently at 10 minutes which I think isn't too bad but definitely room for improvement! I love that lip colour on you as well, it definitely suits you! xo

    LJLV | UK Personal Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowww… ABSOlutely cute: you're so pretty!!! And you’ve got a gorgeous blog dear: FOLLOW YOU right now!!! ;)
    Check out & follow my blog too --- I’ll be waiting for you!!!

    *Keep in touch ;)
    ABSOkisses!!! Fanny J. ABSOmarilyn

    Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog and love it- your makeup look is really nice!
    Feel free to check out our newest post :)
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/99-problems-ootd.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks lovely! I have done the same and compromised with my everyday look for work - usually just concealer, mascara and some form of eyeshadow then I'm out the door!! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look gorgeous!! Great review, was really helpful!

    www.chionebrasiliahardy.blogspot.co.uk

    Chione XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Sleek Rose Gold, such a nice blush. The matte me lip gloss looks absolutely stunning on!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore that lip colour, it's stunning! You look amazing girl x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just feel satisfaction when I do my make up in the morning at time- I just have no any- thank you! You look great dear:)

    Would you like to follow each other?Let me know!
    PS I would appreciate it tons if you click sheinside.com link in my latest post and check that out!

    Thank you!

    fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. love you blog, new follower X

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the matte lip cream, it looks lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this post idea! That lip colour is beaut! :)

    Gabby xo

    Blog - What She Buys / Instagram / Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a beautiful look, I adore natural make up! Also, your hair colour is gorgeous x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous makeup look, you look flawless!

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely makeup, thanks for sharing <3

    Please check out my new post if you can;

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous and natural look. That lip color is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a lovely look and the lip colour definitely does suit you - it's gorgeous!

    ramblingsofablonde.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. pretty make up :)

    jolahogg.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one. I don't do follow for follow so please don't ask, but feel free to leave your blog link as I love discovering new blogs! x