Saturday 28 June 2014

TOP 5 SUMMER NAIL POLISHES

I’m not really one for choosing my nail polish colour depending on the season. In fact I’ll rock pastels well into December and deep reds until June. However this is slowly beginning to change and the past few weeks I’ve only been reaching for the brights. For today’s post I thought I’d show you what I’ve been sporting on my nails recently and the colours I’ll probably be wearing all summer long.

First up we have NYC Quick Dry Nail Polish in Raindrop, which is a gorgeous sky blue shade. The formula of this colour is great and very long-lasting with a decent topcoat. At £1.99 from Boots and Superdrug it’s also an absolute bargain!

Next up is a Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in the colour Guava.  I’m always slightly confused by Barry M’s choice of names as I often find they never match the shade and this is no exception. However I love this turquoise colour and it’s the one I’ve been reaching for the most.

Models Own is a nail polish brand that can do no wrong in my eyes; cheap with a fantastic colour range, these polishes make up the bulk of my collection. This one is Bubblegum; a beautiful neon pink, similar to the colour of a highlighter. The formula is semi-matte and you only really need one coat. This would look great with a tan, something I’m not blessed with unfortunately…

My fourth pick is yet another Barry M Gel Polish, this time in Papaya. Again this pastel orange would look great with a tan. The formula of the Barry M gels are some of the best the drugstore has to offer, and the range has a fabulous array of colours.

Last but not least is one of my all time favourite shades: Essie's Splash of Grenadine. I haven’t come across many dupes for this gorgeous purple/pink shade and it’s one I rock all year round but feel like it still needed a mention as a summer favourite. The only down side for me is that I’m going to be controversial and say I don’t really like Essie’s formula because I find them far too gloopy. However, the colour of this is so beautiful I usually overlook this.

What are your favourite nail polishes for Summer?

19 comments:

  1. Such lovely colors! Thanks for sharing!

    www.beautyblogmark.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore Essie's colours, but Barry M are a good cheaper alternative for sure!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try that NYC polish - I'm loving powder blue at the moment and am currently obsessed with Barry M 'Huckleberry', but it looks a tad too turquoise for my liking and I'm still on the hunt for the perfect blue. They're so affordable, also!

    Meg xo
    Meg Says | Health & Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been feeling blue nail polish this summer too! I've got light blue on my toes and medium blue on my fingers right now hahaa
    xx
    www.thestyleduckling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colores!

    Could you check out my blog and follow it on bloglovin? I will follow back!
    I have a new post everyday!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    http://fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all such gorgeous colours, I love the Barry M turquoise shade
    xx

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the blue shades
    http://loving-evelyn.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The orange and red shades are gorgeous <3
    KKKIRANXOXO
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love barry m gelly shines xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've recently discovered your blog and I really like it! I'm following you now
    Hope you'll like mine too!

    XO,
    Taria-ann
    www.frunettte.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Barry M guava polish is beaut! The name of it is so misleading though haaha! x
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that Barry M one in Guava! Must pick it up :)

    http://madnessbymeg.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours and that ring! It's beautiful, i'd love to know where you got it? :)

    Just stumbled on your blog. I'm following you now.

    Hope you like mine too xX

    http://ya-beauty.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's from Primark,came in a set :) x

      Delete
  14. Nice summery shades...

    http://makeuptricksandtips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab post chick! I like the colours you have chosen. I actually would wear them like you have in the photo like a rainbow, this effect is rather cool! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one. I don't do follow for follow so please don't ask, but feel free to leave your blog link as I love discovering new blogs! x