Thursday 26 June 2014

REVIEW: SLEEK MATTE ME IN 'FANDANGO PURPLE'





As this is my first blog post, one thing you need to know about me before we even begin is that I LOVE bright lipstick. During the day I dab on brighter colours as a stain, where as on a night out I’ll go straight from the bullet. A couple of years ago I was all over the pinks, then I moved to the reds and now I’m heading in a slightly ‘wackier’ direction: the purples.

Sleek’s ‘Fandago Purple’ seemed like a good starting point; its pink undertone makes it instantly more wearable for those too scared to start all out with a lilac. Despite the lip gloss like packaging, this is well and truly a lipstick. It comes out beautifully opaque with a liquid consistency that dries to a matte finish in a matter of seconds. One coat suffices but apply a couple and you’ll get a REALLY intense colour. In the picture above I applied three coats to make the most of this gorgeous purple hue.

The longevity is also second to none. I’ve sported this shade on both nights out and during the day and never felt the need to reapply, when I swatched a few shades on the back of my hand at the drugstore recently I was still left with a slight stain a shower later. A good heavy-duty make-up remover is definitely needed, Bioderma was defeated but my Garnier waterproof eye make-up remover triumphed and didn’t leave me with dry lips or a stain.

I’m still on the hunt for the perfect drugstore purple lipstick, something like MAC’s Heroine or Limecrime’s ‘Airborne Unicorn’ so any recommendations would be appreciated. ‘Fandago Purple’ is a good starting point, and at £4.99 from Superdrug you can’t really go wrong. Bring on the lilac…
  

10 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I love this colour, will definitely be picking it up.
    Check my blog out if you want, I'm also a new blog.

    Paige x
    http://modebeautex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that is one spectacular colour, love it x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I love the colour, I've been looking for some more matte lip-glosses too <3

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello lovely, I've just came across your blog and it's awesome!

    I'm your newest follower and look forward to your next post - lovely colour!

    I have a new outfit post up on my blog, would love to know your thoughts :)

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty colour! I need to try the sleek lip collection xx

    Lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
  6. That colour looks amazing on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! What a lovely colour. Sleek is always so great!
    emiliashea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Firstly congratulations on your first post. And this color looks super stunning on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful colour, I've been looking to venture into the purple lip colour myself :)

    kcwong1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one. I don't do follow for follow so please don't ask, but feel free to leave your blog link as I love discovering new blogs! x