Sunday 2 November 2014

SKINCARE SAVIOURS



When it comes to skincare I like to keep things simple.  I’m not gunna lie if I had all the money in the world I’d definitely be splashing out on Oskia cleansers and By Terry Lip Balms but for the time being my student budget, even with a whopping great overdraft, doesn’t allow such luxuries. I’m also a bit of a lazy one, c b a getting out of bed ten minutes earlier to do an elaborate routine; so here’s my quick and easy one which also seems to be pretty effective…

First things first is make-up removal, the one step I will always do thoroughly no matter what state I’m in (waking up with last nights make-up and a hangover has got to be one of the worst feelings in the world.) I’m a waterproof mascara lover so I need something pretty tough, luckily Botanics All Bright Eye Make-up Remover does a brilliant job without leaving that greasy residue. Then for the rest of the face it’s obviously Bioderma Micellar Water, I stocked up enough of this on my year abroad to last me a lifetime but I don’t know what I’ll do if my current stash did ever run out. It removes make-up even quicker than a face wipe.

For cleanser I’m a big fan of No7, my current favourite is their Melting Gel Cleanser that comes out like a gel then melts into an oil on the skin, which I then remove with a wet muslin cloth. It’s really good at removing any residue from the Bioderma whilst leaving my skin feeling really soft.

Moisturiser is again a No7 love that I’ve previously reviewed here, so I won’t go to too much into detail about this. I keep my skincare the same day and night but I do like to put a little more of this on at night than in the morning so it really penetrates all the layers of my skin. I’ll also use a bit of Carmex on the lips.

Finally I like to exfoliate a couple of times a week with this Bliss Micro Magic Microdermabrasion Treatment* that doubles up as an excellent facemask. This removes all the dead skin cells without that drying effect many exfoliators often do.


What are your favourite skincare products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one. I don't do follow for follow so please don't ask, but feel free to leave your blog link as I love discovering new blogs! x