Monday 22 September 2014

A HAIR CHANGE

























New term, new me.  It’s something most of us students tell ourselves every September.  This year is my fourth and final year of university, so I’m *hoping* I can stick to it. First step was my biannual haircut…

I’m no stranger to short hair; my hair history stretches from shaved to super long. Over the past few years I have shied away from the scissors and gone for longer locks. However hours on pinterest this summer looking at blunt bobs prompted me to go back for the chop.

I had my hair done at Vidal Sassoon in Manchester (highly recommend!) and opted for a fairly blunt long bob that was slightly longer at the front. Overall I’m really happy with the result! To match my new ‘do, I’ve mixed up my products slightly, so here’s what I’ve been using…

When it comes to washing my hair, I’m pretty low maintenance. I like to switch up my shampoo and conditioner when they run out but I definitely don’t use several different shampoos for different reasons throughout the week. My current favourites are Herbal Essences Nourishing Shine. Cheap as chips, smells great and gives an amazing glossy look to the hair. Perfect.

Whether I’m wearing my hair straight or curly. I love a bit of volume (post here) and V05 Plump it Up is the perfect solution. It’s basically a back comb in a can but with little effort. Spray a bit into the roots and voila, instant height.

If I am feeling adventurous and going for curls or waves my new favourite product is L’oreal Wave Creating Spray. There’s lots of ways you can use this, either to create waves on damp hair or just to spritz through after curling to add some texture. I’m personally a big fan of the latter for my shorter hair but will definitely be trying the former in the future.

To finish off I love Tresemme Firm Hold hairspray. I bought this ages ago and it’s still going strong! It’s an absolute essential in my everyday routine.

What are your favourite hair products right now?

 Quick Apology for being MIA over the past couple of weeks, no Internet and moving back to university means blogging took a back seat, but hopefully I’m beginning to adjust now!

19 comments:

  1. I love your new shorter hair! I keep getting tempted to have mine cut as its quite long but its a scary thing! x
    Emma | Everything Beauty
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely! I'm going to chop mine off next week and quite looking forward to it :) xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hair are is something I always slack on! So hard to get into a routine! X

    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the new hair….gorgeous!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hair!!!! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suits you SO much! I love Herbal Essences' shampoo! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new hair. The soft, long bangs really suit you! I hope you are enjoying the new cut and have got over the freak out stage of brushing it and forgetting it's shorter until you run out of hair quicker than normal- gets me every time!!

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous hair, you look fantastic! :D

    I have a new post up on the blog, please have a look if you can;

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. short hair definitely suits you!

    check out my blog, if you have time?
    http://georgianicolaou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cut my hair recently, so much comfy!
    Love the VO5 products! my favourite is the texturising spray Give me texture!
    Muah!

    http://www.fashionismygf.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. your short hair looks so good on you, i love it and the l'oréal txt spray is sooo good for adding volume. it just tends to get a bit sticky but other than that, i love it.
    xx

    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tousled curls really suit you! Very Alexa Chung :)

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally love the short hair on you! Your hair looks so effortless and chic now!

    Much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute haircut! Love it!

    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah this is such a nice hair cut! I love the mid length look at the moment, so fresh :)

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one. I don't do follow for follow so please don't ask, but feel free to leave your blog link as I love discovering new blogs! x