Sunday 31 August 2014

AUGUST FAVOURITES

































Today I’m finally joining the monthly favourites bandwagon! Truth be told I don’t have a ton of products to show as I tend to use the same things over and over again and I just couldn’t be assed with make-up when I was travelling earlier in the month. However I have found some new gems and a couple of oldies so thought I’d share.

 First up is the Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Lotion. It could be 50 degrees outside and I’d still be as white as snow, I hate fake tanning too (it’s just such an effort to smell like a digestive and end up with orange hands.) This is the perfect compromise. I apply it after an evening shower, go to bed and wake up with a healthy glow.

The Bourjois CC Cream is something I’ve talked about before on my blog but I repurchased my third tube this month so it’s safe to say it’s definitely reached holy grail status. It feels so light on the skin, is really buildable and lasts all day. I can’t recommend this enough.

Next is this gorgeous lipstick from YSL. I’m absolutely in love with the colour and the packaging (the little embossed logo on the bullet is my favourite part) I’ve actually had this hanging round in my collection for a while but have been too scared to use it. It’s a super bright pink with a slight purple undertone and could look flattering on all skin tones. It was definitely a splurge at over £20 but so worth it just to have it on my vanity.

It might be a bit boring to feature an eye make-up remover in my favourites post but I can’t rave about this one enough. I picked it up in a random drugstore when I was travelling and it cost less than a pound. It’s actually turned out to be one of my favourite eye make-up removers ever! I think I’d happily go back to Germany just to pick this up.

My favourite eye shadow this month has been this one from Glo Minerals in the shade Mink*. Very similar to Mulch from MAC, this eye shadow is a gorgeous deep brown that is perfect for creating a smoky eye. I’d never heard of the brand before but after trying this eye shadow I’m desperate to get my hands on more of their products

My final beauty favourite is the Barry M Matte Nail Paints.  I love the whole range in general but my favourite colour at the moment is Burgundy Crush. It maybe too dark to wear in August for some however I’m so ready for autumn/winter right now!


Finally for non-beauty stuff my favourite album has been Mount Kimbie’s Cold Spring Fault Less Youth. It’s not a new release but I’ve been loving it all over again this month, I’ve seen them three times this past year alone and I’d really recommend giving them a listen if you’re into electronic music but looking for something with a twist.

26 comments:

  1. I love this color from your YSL lipstick! It´s so pretty! But it´s a bummer that summer´s over, and that color is perf for summertime ♥
    Have a lovely day!
    xx
    Sophia
    one-dollar-milkshake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Barrym nail polish looks so nice and perfect for autumn! I love they're matte and gelly high shine ranges:)

    cloud-chloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that lipstick, what a gorgeous colour!! xx

    http://thelonnygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. In love with the lipstick, such a beautiful shade!!
    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photo Tilly! Loved this post and love your blog. I nominate you for the Liebster Award!
    http://www.thefigsheart.com/beauty/the-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lip-stick, such a beautiful colour! <3

    NelliesCloset

    ReplyDelete
  7. The YSL lipstick colour is stunning ! I need to get one of these <3 xxx

    LizzieWarnexo

    ReplyDelete
  8. which color is the ysl?
    and i think i have the same Barry M polish! the color is so great.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard so many good things about the YSL lipsticks, I think it's time to invest!

    keighly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love summer body, it's my go to tanner
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried any CC creams, but I love BB creams, I have a feeling I would really like the one you mentioned! I just need to get on buying some :)

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh love that fuchsia shade. I've heard great things about the Bourjois CC cream.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like Garnier. I use some product from that brand xa
    http://www.fashiondenis.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. My eyes went straight for the YSL lipstick hahaha

    xx Alyson
    The Beauty Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the matte nail polish. Looks amazing, I think it's great for fall :) Must to try it.

    style-mepretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love seeing everyones favourites! Gives me ideas of what to spend my wage on haha! I really want to try that YSL lipstick in particular!

    Gabby xo

    Blog - What She Buys / Instagram / Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved that Barry M nail polish!


    In case you want to grow natural and healthy hair please visit my blog, i'm just beginning but it would mean a lot! Thank you!!! Kisses from Barcelona! www.hairtohips.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so jealous of your YSL lipstick ;)
    Bella
    BellaBoo|Myblog

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've just bought the same Barry M polish and I'm obsessed with it! xx

    http://www.bleachedandblonde.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. The bourjous products are my go-to, also love the shade of that barry m polish! <3

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the Garnier Sommer Body, such a good product really makes your skin nice and smooth!

    much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm definitely going to have to check out the CC cream! I rarely where foundation as I hate the way it looks and feels on my skin, but I've been searching for a good CC/BB cream or tinted moisturizer for a looong time now. Thanks for the rec!

    xRachel

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a huge fan of YSL lipsticks. They have the best staying power!!

    thebeautyinformer.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Garnier Summer Body is my favourite gradual tanner too! I mentioned it on my blog a few days ago
    x
    www.belleobsession.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one. I don't do follow for follow so please don't ask, but feel free to leave your blog link as I love discovering new blogs! x