Thursday 17 July 2014

REVIEW: CLINIQUE EVEN BETTER FOUNDATION

Once or twice a year I treat myself to a high-end foundation. Some of you may gasp at this, considering most beauty bloggers probably buy a two a day. Unfortunately, being a student if I did this I’d probably be filing for bankruptcy right now. Because this is such a treat for me, I usually do my research and never go for the same foundation twice. This time was a bit of an exception though and I purchased this on a bit of a whim.


There’s a little bit of talk about Clinique foundations on the blogosphere but nowhere near on the same scale as Nars, MAC or Laura Mercier. This was my first experience at a Clinique counter and I was pretty impressed, they sit you down and do a full ‘skin consultation’. My skin is dry/combination, and I wanted a medium coverage that was buildable, so the counter lady matched me up with the Even Better Foundation in Alabaster.

The foundation is a good match for my skin, obviously being as pale as I am I had to go for the lightest shade. The finish is a little more matte than the usual dewiness I go for, however as this will probably see me through a lot of nights out this could avoid the dreaded shine in photos. I really like how this looks on the skin, but even though it’s recommended for dry skin I still put an extra bit of moisturiser in my driest areas because it can look a little cakey. Its longevity is what impressed me the most; I didn’t have to touch this up throughout the day at all.

Overall, I really like this foundation. I wouldn’t say I love it as much as I did Laura Mercier’s Silk Crème but it does it’s job and was a decent choice for my once a year high end foundation purchase.


Have you tried this foundation?

*This is a scheduled post because I'm currently travelling, however I will try to answer any questions ASAP!







9 comments:

  1. I've never tried this but it does sound lovely! You didn't have to touch up at all? That's really impressive!!

    The Sunday Chapter
    Angela xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I don't usually treat myself to any expensive make up at all but this summer I went and got myself a £30 moisturiser for some reason. What an impulse buy that was!
    I think once I am out of university though I'm really going to let myself get all of those high-end beauty brands I have wanted for ages!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not! But I do like the Clinique skin care range and face moisturizers a a lot! Maybe I'll give this a go!
    jessC

    www.ineedanothercloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't used Clinique products in years - may have to give this one a try!

    thebeautyinformer.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wanted to try this foundation for so long, it seems genius to combine skincare with makeup and as I have quite an uneven skintone it really appeals to me that this helps to even things out! Have you noticed any difference, do you think? Laura Mercier Silk Creme is also on my 'to try' list, I think I need to invest in a high end foundation for once :)

    Meg at Meg Says

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had me loling at ". . .most beauty bloggers probably buy two a day"~ Great post darling x

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried the Even Better foundation but I do have their BB Cream which is amazing too. It lasts forever, is quite buildable in my opinion (although you do need concealer if you happen to have blemishes) and gives a gorgeous finish. :)

    Jimmy | http://amsterdaily.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it’s good to treat yourself sometimes, I’m so similar I buy one or two high-end items a year and that keeps me going. This foundation sounds quite interesting but going to the counter sounds a bit daunting for me. Lovely post chick! :-) x

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one. I don't do follow for follow so please don't ask, but feel free to leave your blog link as I love discovering new blogs! x