Tuesday 22 July 2014

LET'S TALK ABOUT SHEINSIDE.....



I was umming and ahhing over whether to do this review. 1) Because I didn’t want to talk about something negatively so early on in my blogs life and 2) because some of the problems were down to me. However, I decided to bite the bullet and do this anyway because Sheinside seems to be featuring on a lot of blogs recently, whilst I trust ally of my fellow bloggers opinions, I thought I’d put mine out there too.


I recently ordered the baby blue eye turtleneck dress that I’m sure you’ve probably all seen before. I believe it’s a direct copy of Zara one although I haven’t seen it in person to compare. The dress was fantastically priced at £8.78 from £11.90 so it being so cheap I thought I’d just go ahead and order it, as it’s from China it would be a hassle to return so I’m not really loosing a lot of money.

Starting off with the negatives that were my own fault. I ordered the dress in a size L. On most highstreet stores this would probably come in at a UK 14/16. I’m a 12/14 but when it comes to online shopping, particularly from overseas stores I tend to size up. I’m also around 5’10 so in general I’m quite a ‘big’ individual. Knowing this dress was from China, I probably should have realised that even the biggest size wouldn’t be right, but I went ahead anyway. Should have probably taken my own advice here because the dress was loose around the top, hugged to hips and came just above my butt cheeks, it’s very short. So really not good dress material for me.

Quality-wise, I’m on the fence. There’s no labels on the dress to tell me exactly what it’s made of (or how to wash it) but it’s a thinner, slightly cheaper feeling of that neoprene material that seems to be really ‘in’ right now.It was REALLY creased from the folds, as you can see there’s still some in there and that’s after three irons! The fabric itself is OK, but the finishing of the garment is pretty terrible. It hasn’t been hemmed and the edges are slightly wonky, giving off an amateur vibe. Before I even got it out the clear packaging I could see lots of loose threads and the seam on one side has already begun to come apart pretty much just touching it. I’d say it’s on a par with some of the cheaper Primark stuff, but at £8 I was hardly expecting designer quality, it’s just the little, simple things such as hemming that kinda bothered me?

Sheinside promises a lot of discounts and after signing up via Facebook I was sent a 25% off code, however when I put it in at the checkout it didn’t come off even though it said it did, maybe it was because it was on sale but this annoyed me, yes it was really cheap already but I couldn’t find anything in the T&C’s saying codes didn’t work on discounted items.

Now for the positives; obviously this site is really cheap and a lot of the stuff on there is really nice and direct copies of things found on the runway, so provided you don’t mind a dip in quality and you’re quite small and petite it’s definitely worth a look and not a huge gamble. My package arrived within 10 days, which I was pretty happy about considering with previous Chinese stores they’ve taken up to two months. Ordering overall did seem like a bit of a risk, I was never sent an email saying if my item had been dispatched and the tracking number they sent me was false. I only got a confirmation of payment and nothing else. Thankfully, my items did arrive and all turned out OK.

I’m sorry this was quite a long and rambly post, and the writing was probably a dip in quality in comparison to others, but I had a lot to say about this company! I’d love to know the experience you guys have had with them if any!

*I'm currently away travelling so this is a scheduled post but I will try to answer any questions ASAP :)

15 comments:

  1. I ordered a top from here and wasn't overly impressed either, the fit and material was just poor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So unpredictable ordering from these websites!
    Thanks for the warning about the website!
    Would love if you could check out my blog if you get a chance!
    www.emilyh.co
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a shame, it's terrible when things disappoint! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always a little wary too when ordering from sites like these. Thank you for the heads up! I was just about to place an order for sheinside so this post is definitely helpful

    ManeUntame

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I saw the one from Zara. This is so disappointing.
    xx
    Mia


    http://www.ssenescence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a bad experience with this company actually. The stuff was horrible quality and the delivery was sketchy at best.

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too bad you're not satisfied - even though the pattern is really beautiful! x
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only ordered from Sheinside once and I had a bad experience as well. I ordered a jumper that was super bad quality, the material actually felt similar too plastic! It was also tiny. I've learnt to ALWAYS check the sizing on Chinese online shops or other Asian ones - I always seem to be a large even though I am only a size 10!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG the eye design looks like Kenzo! What a fab find!!

    Josie xoxo Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems like the same as Romwe, they have a lot of knock off styles but generally the quality is never tip-top.Appreciate your honesty!

    CassandraMyee | NZ Beauty Blog - International Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got this dress from there too! Its so short on me! Shame it feels nice though!

    Jasmine Louise Fashion// UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been debating if I should order from here or not recently! I think i'll just stick to what I know!
    I nominated you for A Liebster award as I think your blog is great, Check out your questions and find out more here... http://www.nikki-andrews.com/2014/07/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Appreciate your honesty, I always find sizing difficult when ordering online, and from chinese stores it is awlays an extra pain xo

    EmsAlice // Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard a lot about this company and have always thought they seemed a bit dodgy! I'm always so apprehensive when it comes to ordering from Chinese websites!
    Followed, I'd love if you checked my blog out to? X


    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can never be too careful and don't even get me started on some of the sizes. I brought a large wayyyyy too small.

    Doesn't make you feel at all great :(

    http://redhairedgirlincheltenham.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one. I don't do follow for follow so please don't ask, but feel free to leave your blog link as I love discovering new blogs! x