Saturday 26 July 2014

MAKE-UP OF THE NIGHT #1



Once upon a time I used to spend three hours getting ready for a night out. Although my friends still complain that I’m the last person out the door I’ve definitely begun to tone down my look. On this particular occasion it was a pretty quiet one (by my standards) and so decided to keep my make-up simple with just a bold lip and a fairly neutral eye.

I never used to prime my skin, however after getting hold of a sample of Benefit’s Porefessional I’m now a convert, it really does minimise the appearance of pores and helps the foundation go on smoother. My foundation of choice was my Clinique Even Better Foundation, which I’ve already reviewed a few posts back. The longevity of this is great and it’s good for those awful quality iphone photos because it doesn’t leave you looking like a ghost. I then concealed blemishes and under eye circles with my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, not really much need to talk about this, as it’s every bloggers favourite, but I can’t believe there was once a time I hated this, now it’s my holy grail. On my cheeks I just went for my usual blush/bronzer combo: Bourjois Bronzing Primer and Natural Collection Blush in Peach Melba.

I mentioned this in my last ‘face of the day’ but once again I must apologise for the state of my eyebrows, growing them out is a bit of a nightmare (if I could just have Keira Knightley’s that would be great plzthnx. ) I just filled them in with my Natural Collection eye shadow in Crushed Walnut. My eye make-up itself was pretty neutral by my standards. I just used the two darkest s



hades from the this H&M Nudes Palette which I picked up on a whim for £3.99. I really like the H&M make-up and am always surprised by the quality; their nail polish selection is FAB.


Lips are the main focal point of this look. I’m wearing Rimmel Apocalips in Across the Universe. These were all over the blogosphere a few months back, and whilst I find them a little messy to apply the colour payoff and longevity is SO worth it. Rimmel lip products are really good in general, so would definitely recommend you check them out!





6 comments:

  1. I love this look! That lip colour is gorgeous - I still haven't looked at the Apocalips range yet.

    I really like your blog and so I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Don't forget to check my blog for the rules and questions!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your look x
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look seriously stunning!

    from helen at thelovevcatsinc.com

    ps. my cute Dahlia coat giveaway worth £80 ends soon! click here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the make up, you remind me of one of the girls from Made in chelsea! I think rosie?

    http://redhairedgirlincheltenham.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look so much! It's my go-to, as well. I also love your necklace!

    Ivory Avenue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look! It's so simple and clean, really pretty.
    Check out my blog and maybe we can follow each other? Hope to hear from you!
    Natalie

    www.maralmuse.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one. I don't do follow for follow so please don't ask, but feel free to leave your blog link as I love discovering new blogs! x