Thursday 21 August 2014

SHOPPING THE STASH #1































I’ve been desperate to go on a shopping spree recently. Unfortunately due to travelling, housing deposits and summer rent I’m far too poor (anyone else counting down the seconds ‘til student loan arrives?) Anyway I was having a massive make-up collection and wardrobe clear out the other day, inspired by Anna’s videos and came across some old gems, so thought I’d do a ‘shopping my stash post.’

First up is Soap and Glory’s Hand Food. I am a bit of a hand cream obsessive and own far too many, I keep at least two in my handbag! It makes your hands feel so soft and the scent is lovely.

Vo5 hair products are some of my favourites so I love the Give Me Texture styling spray. As much as I love a good salt spray, I really don’t like the feeling they leave in my hair, this works more like a hairspray so it’s easy just to brush out. It gives loads of texture and volume to the hair.

I seem to be having a bit of a pink theme going on, don’t I? This Sleek Blush in ‘Flamingo’ looks super scary in the pan but a light application on the cheeks goes a long way. I’ve been fake tanning recently to make up for the lack of travel tan *sob* and this looks really gorgeous because the tan makes the colour look a lot more subtle.

Then I pulled out a few MAC products because I feel like it’s a brand I’ve neglected over the past year. I remember when I was 17,MAC was everything, but over the past few years so many better brands have come along and outshone it. However, MAC Impassioned is making me feel totally nostalgic for my first year of uni when it’s all I wore on a night out. As for Satin Taupe Eye shadow it’s an absolute classic and works great for the day and night.

Collection 2000 Extreme Felt Tip Liner used to be one of my Holy Grail products, but I began to neglect it when I got my Eyeko eyeliner. This is such a good eyeliner for those on a budget, super easy to apply and great staying power.

Another great budget find is this Rimmel Lipstick in ‘Asia’ I actually picked this up in a bargain bin somewhere for 79p and remember loving the colour at the time, it’s a great nudey ‘your lips but better’ shade and would suit a lot of skin tones.

Finally is another nostalgic find… remember when everyone was obsessed with Rose Gold? I found this, put it on my nails and fell in love all over again. Essie polishes aren’t my favourite formula as I do find them gloopy, but their colour range is hard to resist and this is no exception!

31 comments:

  1. Ooh love the sound of Hand Food - I always love trying new hand creams!!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hand food is a definite fave with me, good find

    whatkatiewatched.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, I really want to buy MAC impassioned looks like a beautiful shade <3

    emilyldn.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love that collection eye liner! I've been trying to get my hands on a sleek blusher palette every time I go into a store they are sold out, they must be really good
    HolleyMarie
    holley-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the look of the blush! - lovely blog, new follower here :) x

    http://lilemilyjane.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing better than re-discovering amazing products that you already own!!

    http://blondebeautyfix.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to do this. But I do love Vo5 haircare for the money!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing products! I really want to try that Soap & Glory's Hand Food! =D
    Please, check out my blog!

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! It's so good to "shop your stash". What I've started doing is keeping a small selection of products available, but switching it up on a weekly basis so that I try out a bunch of different things from my collection. It's a great way to rotate.
    Also, I absolutely love hand food. It's so, SO yummy.

    Ivory Avenue

    ReplyDelete
  10. We always want to go on shopping sprees! We've always been a bit unsure about salt spray and the weird feeling it leaves in your hair, but we really do need more texture in our hair, so we need to try this Vo5 one

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of the Sleek blusher it looks like such a beautiful colour!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, never thought of doing a shop my stash might have to try that one day.

    http://doinglifemyway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had a massive clear out recently and rediscovered my old MAC eyeshadows, Urban Decay pushed them to one side. I'm in love with Satin Taupe too! http://cherriesinthesnowbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the soap and glory hand food and love it
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree 100% with you on Essie's formula. They chip way too easily and they can be sort of thick and gloopy. I always say I'm not going to buy another bottle, but you're right - their color range is crazy. I have the rose gold polish and I loved it, but I kept having to reapply too often. Do you like butter london?


    Z.
    Love,Zauni.
    Vegas Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never been able to get on with the Collection eye liner! For me it's always got to be the Soap & Glory Supercat!

    ellabellemin

    ReplyDelete
  17. We need to hunt down online stores that sell collection 2000. Unfortunately they aren't sold here in Australia, but we've heard so much about their concealers and liners

    M + K

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to go on a makeup shopping spree too! I've had a MAC lipstick (that I still love) but it is years old..and by years I think it would be about 15 years old!
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello:) Would you like to follow each other on GFC/FB?
    If yes, please follow and let me know. I'll follow back instantly:)
    xx
    http://myhoneybook.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah I adore Hand Food! S&G is one of my favourite beauty brands, love everything from there x
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. some lovely finds, I don't have a local MAC counter but the things there never fail to leave a good review!

    WISH UPON A SMILE

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Satin Taupe, it's one of my favourite eyeshadows! Great post :)

    Love From Bethan

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aha, I share your hand cream obsession! My favourite is a vanilla scented one I got from the Body Shop because if something smells like vanilla, I am guaranteed to love it XD

    Elesaurus | elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com
    I currently have a giveaway over on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Sleek blush looks so pretty! x
    http://www.thoughtsinstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the pink theme! satin taupe his my favourite everrrr

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // blog sale

    ps. enter my £300 rayban and beauty goodies giveaway! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adoring all of your goodies & thanks for the entertaining, yet honest review! ;D

    ♥ | www.connect-the-cloths.com | xoxo
    http://blogspotter.co/connect-the-cloths

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've heard a lot about that Asia lipstick, everyone says it's so good! xx

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's a great collection and so pink. I love MAC lipstick and the colour of yours is so nice. Great post and keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  29. That MAC Lipstick is so gorgeous! I cant wait till the weather gets a bit colder so I can bring out Plumful again
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have flamingo And love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. The Collection 2000 eyeliner is one of my favourite products, it's so cheap and I find it works just as well as any other higher end eyeliners I have tried. Plus, it lasts for ages!

    laurensibs.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one. I don't do follow for follow so please don't ask, but feel free to leave your blog link as I love discovering new blogs! x